Jackson counter

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jackson's 3rd Birthday Party

Jackson turned 3 on July 30 so for his birthday party, we had it at the fire station.  He loves fire trucks!!  Even more special is the fact that my grandfather was a fireman for the city of Meridian for many years.  I'm sure he had a little extra grin on his face in Heaven watching his great grandchildren have so much fun :)

When I called the fire station to reserve it, they said that they would love for the kids to come tour the station but that we would have to do the cake and ice cream somewhere else.  Thankfully our church gym is only a few blocks away so I reserved it as well.  I thought "How much fun?  The kids could meet at the fire station, play on all of the fire trucks, then go to the gym to play some more!!"  Well, taking it one step further, I found a fire truck train (I won't mention where I got it from) to transport the kids from the fire station to the church.  It was absolutely precious!!  My dad was supposed to drive the kids (that's why he has the shirt and hat on) but for some reason Rob ended up doing it.  Before I go any further with the story, let's take a look at some pictures...
The birthday boy and my dad (notice his outfit!)

Jackson and one of the sweet firemen!  They all got fire hats and badges.  PRECIOUS!

Taking a tour of the station (the museum)

Ok, let's stop here.  See how cute it is.  And notice how excited the kids are to be riding it!! Well, about 1 minute after I took this picture, Rob drives onto the street and down the first hill.  The brakes go out on the train, it jack knives and rolls on top of him.  Scariest moment of my entire life.  Not only did I think that I had just lost my husband, but I also thought I had lost both of my kids along with every other kid on there.  God was obviously watching over us and truly gave us a huge blessing because no one was hurt.  Rob did have some scratches and some bruises but overall he was fine.  Thank you LORD!!!  The kids were shaken up, only because the adults were trying to get the train off of Rob. We had the firemen and policemen out there making sure everyone was ok!!  Can you believe that? 

Well, we decided to drive the rest of the way to the church (the train was obviously broken)!  Once the kids got there, they had a ball.  It never phased them what had just happened.  The adults were a different story!  I felt horrible.  I never would have put those kids in that kind of danger had I known something like that would have happened.  The owner of the train was extremely apologetic and was in disbelief that it had happened.  Needless to say, I got my money back on that thing!

Here are a few more pictures of the rest of the party (POST WRECK).  I'm surprised I was even sane enough to take more pictures. 

 Let's just say this is a birthday party we will NEVER FORGET!!!

 
Thank you to everyone who came!!  I promise you next year, it will not be as EVENTFUL!


No comments:

Post a Comment